Thursday, January 5, 2012

Original Juan - a spicy review!



My husband and I love hot and spicy food.  Ok it's more like an addiction.  We both get really excited about trying new hot and spicy food products.  When I found out about the Original Juan I couldn't wait to try their products!  They sell a large variety of specialty foods.  They aren't all hot and spicy.  My kids don't eat super spicy stuff, so I also sampled items that weren't as hot on the spicy meter.  They include items like - hot sauces, steak sauces, bbq sauces, cheescake in a jar, marinades, dipping sauces and more.




I received a bottle of Pain 100% from Original Juan!  It was definitely hot.  It had a great habanero flavor.  I will say that this is for people that love hot!  It was definitely one of the hottest hot sauces I have ever had!  It was excellent.  I lot hot and only needed a little bit of this on my food to do the job.




The Fiesta Juan's Raspberry Jalepeno Marinade and Dipping Sauce is another great product.  I tried this last night on my steak and it's really got a good flavor.  I enjoyed that it's got a great balance of sweet and a little spice.  It's not too spicy.  My kids enjoyed dipping their steak in this too.  I think this would also be great as a marinade on boneless skinless chicken breasts before grilling them.  It's something I can see using as a dipping sauce for chicken nuggets or chicken strips.  Yum!



The American Stockyard Harvest Apple BBQ Sauce is a great sauce!  This was one my daughter loved.  It has a great flavor from the apple in it too.  It's great for basting while your food is on the grill, but it's also great for dipping.  It has a little bit of tang to the sauce from the apples in it too.  It's delicious!






I also got to try the Texas Longhorn Bread and Butter Jalepeno Dip.  I love bread and butter pickles and jalepenos.  This is kind of a take on both.  It tastes like spicy bread and butter pickle relish.  It says on the jar to try it with cream cheese and it's excellent that way.  I tried it on a cracker with cream cheese.  It isn't too hot either.  It's got a nice amount of heat, but it's not overpowering.




This last product is not spicy at all.  It's something amazing.  Have you ever heard of Cheesecake in a Jar?  Well it's delicious.  It is exactly what the name states.  It tastes like cheesecake.  This has so many neat uses.  My kids gobbled it up on graham crackers and had fun dipping apples in it.  I'm thinking of topping my ice cream with it next time!  What would you try it on?

If you want to purchase your own items from the Original Juan you can do so on their website.  These are just a few of the neat products they offer.

Connect with Original Juan on Facebook and Twitter.

Disclosure - I received samples of the above mentioned products to facilitate my review.  All opinions are completely my own and no monetary compensation was provided.

6 comments:

  1. Raspberry Jalepeno Marinade and Dipping Sauce is great with pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We absolutely LOVE Spicy food!! Thank you SO much for following us! We are following you back!
    Brooke from babblingsandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Crafty Moms Share today! Your blog looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't get through this post all the way because my mouth was watering the entire time like a dog lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comment on my blog! My husband is a lover of all things spicy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting, I'm popping in to see your lovely blog.
    I really like spicy stuff,too.
    100% Pain - that title really appeals to me - am I a masochist :)

    ReplyDelete