Thursday, January 12, 2012

Tortuga Rum Cake Review


About 10 years ago my husband and I were lucky enough to visit Grand Cayman.  It was then when I learned about Tortuga Rum Cakes.  I received 2 Tortuga Rum Cakes in the mail yesterday and was so excited!  This rum cake isn't your traditional rum cake.  It has a tropical twist to it and they remind me of the Caribbean.  It has an incredible flavor.  They are super moist and so delicious.





About Tortuga Rum Cakes - They are made with a recipe that is 4 generations old.  The recipe is a family secret.  They are actually baked in the Caribbean!  They are the biggest export from the Cayman Islands.



Tortuga Rum Cakes come in a variety of sizes and flavors.  They come in 4 oz, 16 oz and 32 oz.  The flavor varieties include - Original Golden, Chocolate, Banana, Coconut, Pineapple, Key Lime, Blue Mountain Coffee, Cinnamon Raisin, Florida Orange, Florida Coconut and Florida Key Lime.  They all sound amazing.  I personally tried the Key Lime and that was my favorite.  It had a nice hint of lime to it and it was so flavorful.  I also tried the Original Golden.  I loved that one too.  The Banana sounds delicious too!  What flavor would you want to try?



Tortuga makes a variety of yummy treats.  They don't only make rum cakes.  They offer coffees that sound really delicious too.  How does Tortuga Rum Cream Coffee sound?  They also have Tortuga Chocolate Treats.  They offer Banana Rum Fudge, Coconut Rum Fudge and more.



What did I think?  Tortuga Rum Cakes are a great treat.  They are delicious and you can tell they are made with high quality ingredients.  I think this would make an amazing gift to someone for Valentines Day.  

You can purchase your own Tortuga Rum Cakes and other yummy Tortuga treats directly from their website.    

Connect with Tortuga on Facebook and Twitter.

Disclosure - I received samples to facilitate my review.  All opinions are completely my own as always.  No monetary compensation was provided.


6 comments:

  1. These sound pretty yummy. Might have to give one a try.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm a new follower on GFC. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following you back, thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, new follower from the hop. Hope you can follow back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those rum cakes are good! The World Market around here sells them. Bermuda also makes a mean rum cake! I didn't know about the chocolate--I will have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, when you go to Grand Cayman you must try the rum cake. yummy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great reviews! I love me some rum cake, lol! Thanks for following my blog, returning the fun! =) Have a blessed weekend!

    www.thebrokenmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete