Thursday, January 26, 2012

Uncle Jerry's Pretzels - A delicious review!

I am a big fan of pretzels.  We eat them all the time in my house.  I love snacking on pretzels because they are low fat and pretty low calories too.

When I found out about Uncle Jerry's Pretzels I knew they would be something I would enjoy.  Uncle Jerry's makes pretzels and you can tell they know what they're doing.  They make sourdough pretzels that are super crunchy and delicious.  Their sourdough pretzels are some of the best I've ever had.  They are very fresh.  Their recipe for Pennsylvania Dutch pretzels is over 100 years old!  They are also fat free, oil free and made without preservative.  I was really impressed when I looked at the ingredients on the package!  Uncle Jerry's is unique.  They bake their pretzels fresh to order.








Uncle Jerry's offers a couple varieties of pretzels including . . . . 
  • Whole Wheat 
  • Whole Wheat Sesame Low Salt
  • Extra Dark
  • Specials
  • Lite
  • Oat Bran
I personally was lucky enough to sample the Specials and the Extra Dark pretzels from Uncle Jerry's.  I enjoyed both varieties as did the rest of my family.  They were extra crispy and had a great flavor.  The Specials are crispy pretzels and the outside is a nice dark brown.  They are very flavorful.  The Extra Dark pretzels were something new to me.  They are a well done pretzel that is slow cooked and blackened on the outside.  They have a really good flavor and are super crunchy.  I loved them both as did my kids.  These are something that we will be putting in lunches and using as a healthy snack.  They are something I feel good about feeding to my family.







and they also offer some amazing dipped chocolate pretzels in the following . . . . 

  • milk chocolate
  • dark chocolate

I also sampled the milk chocolate and dark chocolate pretzels from Uncle Jerry's.  They were so good.  They take good quality chocolate and cover their delicious pretzels with it.  I have never had anything like this.  I personally love the dark chocolate variety because I'm a huge fan of dark chocolate.  My kids loved the milk chocolate covered ones.  This is a wonderful treat.  I was in heaven!  The milk chocolate and dark chocolate both had a really nice balance of sweet and salty.  These would make an excellent gift for Valentines Day!  Which ones would you want to try?






I would definitely recommend Uncle Jerry's Pretzels to anyone who loves pretzels!  

You can purchase Uncle Jerry's Pretzels in a variety of sizes.  They are available on their website.  You can also connect with them on Facebook and Twitter.



Disclosure - I received free samples to facilitate my review.  All opinions are completely my own.  No monetary compensation was provided.  









No comments:

Post a Comment