Thursday, March 15, 2012

Making Easter Special with Mrs. Cubbison's




Mrs. Cubbison's stuffing is in no way a new product in my family.  If I think back as far as I can remember my mom used it too.  It was the only brand of stuffing my mom used.  It is a long time family favorite.  I was talking to my grandmother today too and that is where this family tradition began.  She told me she's used it for as long as she can remember too.  The question is why has Mrs. Cubbison's been such a family favorite for 3 generations?  Mrs. Cubbison's makes a high quality product that tastes great.  I first want to say that I love their stuffing.  My favorites are the regular dressing mix and the cornbread stuffing mix.



If you are new to Mrs. Cubbison's stuffing I will explain a little bit.  The stuffing comes dry in the box and then you add your ingredients to it.  What I personally do is load mine up with lots of great add ins.  I love that you can put exactly what you like in it.  


Frugal Mommie of 2's Favorite Stuffing Recipe Add ins -

Follow the directions on the Mrs. Cubbison's Classic Dressing.  I make this as a casserole.  My family loves it this way because the edges get a little bit crispy.  The crispy part is my favorite.  Then I add 1/4 lb of mild Italian sausage and 1 package of sliced mushrooms.  It is so good this way and it's always delicious.

Mrs. Cubbison's also offers a variety of croutons.  They come in cheese and garlic, fat free seasoned, butter and garlic, Texas toast croutons along with many more.  Mrs. Cubbison's croutons are delicious.  They have a great flavor and aren't too salty.  They are great to add to salads for a little crunch.  My children love snacking on them too.  When I think of Springtime and Easter I think of dishes that are loaded with fresh veggies.  These type of dishes are really good to bring to potlucks or as a side for a special meal.  I started thinking about what I would like to eat as a side dish on Easter.  The recipe below is one I came up with.  My daughter loved it and the croutons really made the dish special.  





Chopped Italian Salad with Mrs. Cubbison's Croutons - RECIPE

Ingredients

1 can of olives

2 large tomatoes - chopped in large chunks

1 English cucumber - chopped in large chunks

1/4 cup sliced mozzarella cheese - small pieces

1/4 cup Italian Salami - cut into triangles

3 Tablespoons chopped Italian parsley

Mrs. Cubbison's Cheese and Garlic Croutons

Light Italian Dressing

Directions - Combine all the ingredients in a bowl - except croutons and dressing.  Lightly dress the chopped salad with enough dressing to coat.  Top with Mrs. Cubbison's Cheese and Garlic Croutons.  Garnish with a few leaves of Italian parsley.








Mrs. Cubbison's has many great recipes available on their website too.  They have an Arugula and Artichoke salad that sounds really good that I plan on trying.  If you are in need of some great recipes for Easter you can find many of them their.  

You can also connect with Mrs. Cubbison's on Facebook.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
I have a chance to receive a gift card by writing this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment