Tuesday, June 12, 2012

PJ's Organics - Frozen Mexican Foods Review



We love Mexican food in our house.  I try and keep a few items readily available in the freezer because it's just convenient.  The hardest part about this is that not all frozen Mexican food products are created equal.  I have a hard time finding a quality frozen burrito that is made with quality ingredients.  I was given the opportunity to try some of the burritos from PJ's Organics and was very excited to see how these tasted.




PJ's Organics makes frozen Mexican Foods.  I went to my local Whole Foods and found a variety of different burritos to try.  Someone in my house eats a frozen burrito at least once a week and I'm always on the lookout for great brands to try.  PJ's Organics are not just your average frozen burrito.  I think many of us have purchased some "just ok" burritos from the frozen food section of the grocery store.  You probably know what I'm talking about when I say that you aren't exactly sure what the filling is.  Well, with PJ's Organics you are definitely sure what is inside them.  Their burritos are made with organic ingredients.  They are also made with antibiotic free chicken.  They even use tortillas that are handmade and the burritos are hand rolled.  You really can tell that they are made with quality ingredients and they are something I feel good about giving to my family.








We sampled a variety of the PJ's Organics frozen burritos.  They are easy to make and you can just pop them in the microwave.  The first thing that I noticed what that the inside was full of real ingredients.  The quality of the ingredients inside the burritos is amazing too.  We tried the Traditional Chicken, Steak and Cheese, Breakfast Burrito, Five Layer and Southwestern Style.  They were all really good and I think it just depends on you preferences as to what you will like the best.  The winners in our house were the traditional Chicken and Steak and Cheese.  The Steak and Cheese variety is made with organic steak.  it also has rice, beans and onion in it.  It was really good.  The Traditional Chicken burrito is made with organic chicken.  I am a fan of white meat chicken, so I was thrilled when I saw that PJ's uses white meat chicken.  The Traditional Chicken burrito also has Monterey Jack and Cheddar Cheese in it.  This one was really good and I loved the flavor.  It   My 5 year old inhaled these.  She is a huge fan of homemade burritos, but doesn't often eat the frozen kind.  I was thrilled that she liked these.  My husband even said that they were some of the best frozen burritos he's had.  He brings his lunch to work daily and he said that he would love to bring these for lunch sometimes!  

Ok so where can you buy these now that I've made you hungry?  You can check out the product locator on their website.  My local Whole Foods had a very nice selection of them.  You can also connect with PJ's Organics on Facebook and Twitter.

Disclosure - I received free samples to facilitate my review.  No monetary compensation was provided.  All opinions are completely my own as always.




No comments:

Post a Comment