Monday, January 6, 2014

Butterfinger Bites One of a Kind Recipes - Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.



Butterfinger is a candy that I have always loved.  What do you love about a Butterfingers?  I love the crunchy peanut buttery center and the creamy and delicious chocolate outside.  Butterfinger also offers Butterfinger Bites.  These are the same great Butterfinger candy, but in bit size pieces.  They are easy to eat and I love that if you just want a little something sweet that you can just have a few!





Butterfinger Bites are also popular with top pastry chefs.  They are helping kick off the Butterfinger Bites recipe program.  The Butterfinger Bite recipe program also has asked dessert food trucks to create their own special treats with the use of the Butterfinger Bites.  This will run through the end of the year.    How would you incorporate Butterfinger Bites into your recipes.  I am gearing up to do some baking for the holidays.  I plan on chopping these up and adding them to brownies, chocolate chip cookies and much more!  I know the flavor of the Butterfinger Bites will add so much to my own recipes.




I also want to share with you a recipe below that was created by Sally Camacho.  This recipe is for a Butterfinger Bites Fritter.  It sounds amazing.  I hope you will give it a try.  Let me know what you think if you try it out!

Butter Finger Bites Fritter - recipe was provided for me

Ingredients

  • ½ cup water
  • ½ cup whole milk
  • 4 oz unsalted butter
  • 1 zest orange (per fritter)
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 pinch ground nutmeg
  • 1 pinch ground cardamom
  • ½ teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 3 each whole eggs
  • 1 each egg white
  • 16-18 pieces Butterfinger Bites
  • ¼ cup powdered sugar
  • 1 qt oil (frying)


Directions

COMBINE water, milk, butter, and zest.Bring to scald. Place on low heat. In a bowl, combine flour, nutmeg, cardamom, salt, and baking powder. Add flour mixture to hot milk mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon. Continue to cook on low heat until a nice ball of dough forms. Stir for 3-5 minutes. Remove mixture from heat and place in electric mixer
MIX on medium speed, adding eggs and egg whites one by one then allow mixture to emulsify. Place mixture in a piping bag with a star #8 size tip. Pipe rosettes onto pre-cut parchment paper. Place one Butterfinger Bite in the center of each rosette and top with more mixture to enclose the Butterfinger Bite
HEAT oil to 345 degrees in a pot that will give you 4” of oil depth. Place each fitter with paper side up in hot oil. Fry for 30sec – 4 minutes turning fritters evenly for consistent texture. May take 30sec to 4 minutes to fry. Drain fritters on a paper towel lined plate and place on parchment paper
SERVE warm with powdered sugar dusted in top

Butterfinger is getting ready to celebrate their 90-sh year birthday too!  You can visit their Facebook page to get ready for their birthday.  You can also connect with Butterfinger on Twitter.  They will keep you up to date with their tweets about all the latest Butterfinger news!








I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, where have I been, this is the first time I've heard of these! So much fun you can have inventing recipes - wow!

    ReplyDelete