Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Grill It, Braise It, Broil It by American Heart Association Review

Disclosure - free sample provided.



I am always looking for great new recipes.  I love when I find recipes that are something I can make for great family meals.  I have found that cookbooks are a great way to find family recipes that my whole house will love.  I recently was introduced to Grill it, Braise it, Broil it by the American Heart Association.  This is a great cookbook that has a variety of cooking techniques in it.  It also has 175 recipes.  These are healthy meals that are fairly easy to prepare.

Grill it, Braise it, Broil it has so many great recipes with different cooking techniques.  Some of these are new to me, but others I am familiar with.  This is a great way to try out some new ways to cook for your family.  The book has slow cooking recipes, microwaving recipes, grilling recipes, braising recipes, baking recipes, and many more.  

This cookbook also has some great healthy lifestyle tips in the front too.  It talks about choosing nutrient rich foods.  exercising, maintaining a healthy weight and more.  This is a great addition to all the health conscious recipes that you can find in this book.

Some of the recipes in this book include savory lentil stew with polenta, chicken with citrus-dijon sauce, broccoli with jalapeno and garlic, corn and black bean salad, korean-style tofu with mustard greens.  What recipe would you want to try?  I personally love the recipe in this book for chicken in tomato-wine sauce.  We eat quite a bit of chicken, but I am always looking for great new ways to prepare it.  This recipe is one that includes simmering the chicken.  The recipe, and all the recipes also include the calories per serving.  This is a great addition to the cookbook.  The recipe is flavorful chicken that is simmered with bell pepper, mushrooms, wine, and tomato.  It is so tasty!  I love that it is very easy too.

These are just some of the great recipes and techniques you can find in Grill it, Braise it, Broil it by the American Heart Association.  You can also order yourself a copy of this book for $19.99.

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment