Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Johnsonville Italian Sausage Review and Recipe

I made the recipe below for my family tonight and they loved it.  My kids usually only eat plain pasta, but they eat pizza sauce, Johnsonville Italian sausage, pasta and cheese, so I thought I would give this recipe a try.  My kids loved it and it made me so happy that we had an awesome dinner tonight.  I love when we try new things and they enjoy them.  They love Johnsonville Italian Sausages, but we usually eat them grilled.   I wanted to try a fun new recipe that would be something a bit different.  I was very thankful to be given this opportunity to try and review the Johnsonville Italian Sausages since I am a member of shespeaks.com. 


Italian Sausage Baked Ziti






1 package Johnsonville Italian Sausages (any kind you like)
1 small can tomato sauce
2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes (drained)
1 tsp fresh or dried basil
1 tsp fresh or dried oregano
2 cloves garlic (crushed)
1/2 cup onion (diced finely)
2 cups shredded provelone (or any kind of cheese you like)
1 12 oz package ziti

Comnine sausage (casing removed) onion, garlic in a large skillet and cook until browned.  Add the tomato sauce and drained diced tomatoes.  Add the basil and oregano.  Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low.  Cook 15 minutes until slightly thickened.  Remove from heat. 

Cook 12 oz package of ziti according to cooking directions and drain well.  I used rainbow veggie pasta, but you can use what you like. 

Add the ziti and sausage and tomato mixture and mix well.  Pour into a buttered 3 qt dish.  Top with the shredded cheese.  Place this into a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until the top is bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment