Friday, December 16, 2011

Amazing Cheese and Butter from Kerrygold



My husband and I found some amazing cheese a few years back at our local grocery store.  We came across some Irish cheese by the name of Kerrygold and absolutely fell in love with the product.  We have been eating Kerrygold cheese for years now.  My husband and I both love the Cheddar and Dubliner cheese.  I recently received some samples from Kerrygold and was so excited to try some varieties that I've never tried before.  I was so excited to taste the Swiss, Reserve White Cheddar, Blarney Castle, Reduced Fat Cheddar, and Red Leicester.  We normally purchase the Cheddar from our local store, but I will say that we were a fan of them all!  I've had a few of them, but I was so excited to try the Swiss which was new and I was in love.  It's got an amazing flavor, but not overpowering.  The Reserve White Cheddar was excellent as always and has a great flavor.  The Reduced Fat Cheddar has the wonderful taste of the regular Cheddar variety, but less fat.  I tried the Red Leicester for the first time and really enjoyed it.  This is one that my kids loved because it has a great flavor, but isn't too strong.  I have to say that all of the Kerrygold varieties of cheese are wonderful.  I brought some over to a family party this evening and everyone love it!  It was definitely a hit.  If you need an easy appetizer for holiday gatherings Kerrygold cheese is an excellent idea.  It's easy and delicious.




I have also seen Kerrygold butter in the store and finally had the opportunity to try it.  I received some of the salted butter, unsalted butter and garlic herb butter.  When you think of butter you think well how can it really be that different, but I will tell you Kerrygold butter is definitely different.  It tastes fresh and has an amazing flavor.  My kids and I tried the butter on crackers and we all gobbled it up.  It's amazing how much of a difference you can see in really good quality butter like Kerrygold.  I loved the garlic herb butter and enjoyed the flavor.  I also like that it has a nice garlic and herb taste, but it isn't too overpowering.





Connect with Kerrygold on Facebook and Twitter.


Disclosure - I received samples of Kerrygold cheese and butter in order to facilitate my review.  All opinions are completely  my own as always.  

No comments:

Post a Comment