Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Story Nook Review



I found the most amazing website for children's books recently and  wanted to share with all my wonderful readers.  The Story Nook is a great place to find a large assortment of books for children.  I personally love to read.  I think it is very important to show your children, from a very young age, how important it is to read, but also how much fun it is.  The Story Nook is a great way to find the tools you need to teach your children from a young age how great reading is.  The Story Nook is a place I will visit often as a mom of two who loves to read with her children.

About the story nook - The Story Nook was created by, Faye, a mom who has a passion for reading.  She is the mother of 4 children and she created The Story Nook to help share her favorite stories.  You can really tell she has a love for books!

I received an assortment of books to check out from the story nook and my kids and I were so excited to start reading them.  I am going to share a few of them that we received that were out favorites.

We were so excited to receive "Yertle the Turtle" by Dr. Seuss.  We have read the majority of the Dr. Seuss books, but we hadn't read this one.  We really enjoyed reading it.  It's a very cute story and I love that there is a lesson to be learned in reading it.  My 4 and 6 year old loved it.  My son enjoyed helping me read it.  I like to take turns with him reading.



If you don't have a copy of "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs" it is a great book!  I have always loved this story.  It's a fun and silly book.  My kids really enjoyed it.  My daughter thought it was cute and told me it was awesome.  They really enjoyed the illustrations.


"The Animal Boogie" that we received from The Story Nook is our new favorite!  My 4 year old loves to look at the colorful pictures.  The illustrations are done really well and are super vibrant.  This book comes with a singalong cd and it makes it a lot of fun and it makes the book come to life.  If you want to purchase your own copy you can do so at The Story Nook!




I have taken quite a bit of time browsing around the website.  I personally love how the website is organized.  It is broken down in categories, but you can also click on an age group to find a book.  This makes it really easy to browse for age appropriate books.  There are lots of great choices for ages 0 and up.  The story nook offers books with cds, mystery, lap books, mythology, boxed sets, board books, audio books and much more.  If you need or are looking for a great book for a child you can definitely find it here!




I love that The Story Nook offers books like Dr. Seuss, Skippyjon Jones, and lots of popular books for children.  We enjoyed reading Skippyjon Jones.  My kids and I thought it was very cute and funny.  They were hysterical when I was reading it to them.  They also have puzzles and learning games too.  You can find something for any child of any age at The Story Nook.  It's a great place to help your child learn to love reading.  All of the books I mentioned can be purchased at The Story Nook if you would like your own copy.

You can also learn more about The Story Nook on their website or connect with them on Facebook and Twitter.


Disclosure - I received an assortment of books from the story nook to facilitate my review.  All opinions are completely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment