Thursday, February 2, 2012

My Bertolli meal soup weeknight challenge @Bertolli #BertolliMealSoup



I am always looking for great ways to make weeknight meals simple, but also delicious!  I was asked to be part of the Bertolli meal soup weeknight challenge and was thrilled.  This definitely sounded like something easy and delicious my family would enjoy.  I was given just 1 hour to prepare my meal.  Below you will see some photos of how it went.  






We are fans of Bertolli in my house.  I like the traditional flavors they offer.  We use their sauces and I personally love their frozen products. The Bertolli meal soups were something new to me and I was intrigued.  


The Bertolli meal soups come in 4 tasty varieties.  I chose the Tomato Florentine and Tortellini with Chicken.  It just sounded too delicious.  They also come in Chicken Minestrone, Roasted Chicken and Rotini Pasta, and Tuscan Style Beef and Vegetables.  They can be found in the freezer section of your grocery store.  









The variety I picked up at the grocery store is delicious.  We enjoyed the Tomato Florentine and Tortellini with Chicken .  It has a great homemade flavor.  It was a nice warm meal on a cold night.  It was full of tortellini filled with cheese and white meat chicken.  The tortellini were in a tomato soup that had some spinach and basil in it too.  The flavors were excellent.  I really liked that the tomato part of the soup was not too sweet and not too acidic.  I really like that there are some real chunks of tomato in it too. It had the perfect balance of flavors.  The chicken in the soup was really good too.  I love tortellini, so that was amazing to have in their too!  The best part was that it was simple.  It is easy to prepare.  It goes from your freezer to your stove top.  You just heat and add 1 cup of water.  It allows you to spend time on other things and still give your family a healthy and tasty meal.  








So with the 1 hour for the challenge I had more than plenty of time to complete this!  It was very low stress.  


I served the Bertolli meal soup with some easy garlic bread that my 4 year old helped make.  I also finished the meal with an easy and healthy dessert.  We had some fresh berries.










What are my tips for making a weeknight meal special?


1.  Make it simple.  Use something that is tasty, but easy to prepare your dinner.  Making it simple allows you to spend more time with your family.  The Bertolli meal soups allowed me to prepare a quick meal for my family that was very simple, but everyone enjoyed.  


2.  Get your family involved.  If you don't have kids then cook with someone else.  It's fun to share a great meal with someone - a spouse a friend or a family member.  I had my 4 year old help me make the garlic bread.  I give my kids tasks that are fun for them, but also get them involved.


3.  Make it healthy!  We finished our meal with a dessert that was simple, but that everyone loves.  We love fresh berries and I top my kid's with a little whipped cream.  Fresh fruit is a great alternative to a traditional dessert.


Visit Bertolli on Facebook and Twitter.

You can also find out where to purchase Bertolli products on their website.



I was compensated by Bertolli to participate in the Weeknight Meal Special Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment