Friday, June 13, 2014

Avoid the Summer Learning Loss with Brainscape



We are already on Summer break and I am always looking for ways to keep my kids interested in learning over the Summer.  How do you incorporate learning activities over the Summer?  I want to introduce you to Brainscape.  This is a really neat website that can be used for children, but adults love it too.  I tried out Brainscape and enjoyed learning about new things with my kids.

Brainscape is a website that offers a variety of different areas that you can learn about.  I really had fun checking out the Brainscape website.  I fell in love with it for myself because they have a series of online flashcards for cooking.  I absolutely love to cook, and this is a great way to test my knowledge.  I also really like the vocab flashcards that they have available.  These are a set of challenging words.  It gives you the word, then the definition, and then you rate how well you knew the word.  These are just some of the free topics that Brainscape has available.  You can learn about Mythology, Geography, Religion, and more.  I think this is a neat and interactive way to introduce yourself, or your children to new material.






You can even create your own vocabulary flashcards for your children or yourself on Brainscape.  I am definitely going to do this with my children's reading over the Summer.  I plan to create flashcards with challenging words from the books they read.  I think this is a great way to reinforce learning.  

You can learn more about Brainscape by visiting their website.  You can try it out for free and they have a great selection of free material that you can use.  They also have additional topics that you can purchase too.

You can watch the video below to learn more about how Brainscape works!




Disclosure - no compensation was provided for this post.  I just thought that this was a website that my readers would be interested in learning more about. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this information. I was looking for some fun and educational activities to do with kids over the summer. Love that website.

    ReplyDelete