Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Oven Roasted Chicken with Lawry's Seasoned Salt








I recently joined a bzz campaign from bzzagent for Lawry's  I was already familiar with many of their products.  My bzz kit came with some seasoning mixes for different dishes (Southwest Chicken, Chicken Marsala, and Tacos.)  I've already used the Chicken Marsala seasoning packet and it was very good.  I also used the Taco Seasoning and love it.  We are big on tacos in our house.  We have tacos once a week in our house.  It's a family favorite.  I like that the Lawry's Taco Seasoning I received had a great flavor, but wasn't too salty.  I also received an apron and some of Lawry's Seasoned Salt.  We are already of fan of this in our house.  I make a whole roasted chicken last night and used the Lawry's Seasoned Salt on the chicken.  The chicken was excellent and had a great flavor.  It wasn't overly salty, but it had great flavor.  I'm going to share with you how I used this to roast my chicken.

I cleaned my 4.5 lb chicken and then placed in in a baking pan.  I rubbed the outside of the chicken with about 2 TB of olive oil.  I lightly sprinkled my chicken on all sides with Lawry's Seasoned salt, garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper.  Don't forget to season inside the cavity.  You want it seasoned, but not overly seasoned!  I also placed a piece of carrot and a slice of onion inside the cavity.  I roasted my chicken at 350 degrees for about 1 hour 45 minutes.  Note:  I suggest using a meat thermometer because depending on the size of your chicken you will have to adjust your time.

I would recommend Lawry's Seasoned Salt to season all types of meats.  It really gave my chicken a great flavor.

I received the above products compliments of bzzagent.  All opinions are completely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment