Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Sodastream Review



I received a Sodastream to try out and I will be honest I can't stop playing with it!  If you aren't familiar with the Sodastream brand it is an in home soda maker that makes fresh soda when you want it and exactly how you want it - with just the push of a button.  It is so much fun to make your own soda from the Sodastream.  There are so many flavors to try that I just keep making soda, so we can try them all out.  The Sodastream is a lot of fun, but I love the fact that I can have soda whenever I want it.



I received the Sodastream Fountain Jet to test out and love it.  The retail price on this model starts at $79.95  It is easy to use and simple.  It took us about 10 minutes to take out of the box and set up.  I love that it takes no batteries or electricity to use.  It's very simple to use.  You hook up your tank to it and then place your filled bottle on the Sodastream.  You push the button on the top of the machine 3 times and you have your fizzy water.  Then all you have to do is add  your flavoring.



Now to the flavoring - There are so many choices.  You can pretty much find something similar to the variety of soda that you drink that comes from the store.  You can make all different flavors including - Cola, Cola Free, Diet Cola, Rootbeer, Orange, Diet Cranberry Raspberry, Cream Soda, Sparkling Water, Energy Drink, Diet Energy and Black Currant and Pear.  That is just to name a few.  There are so many choice for all different tastes.  My favorites so far are the Rootbeer and the Black Currant and Pear.  The Black Currant and Pear flavor is amazing and I have never had a soda like this one!   I honestly thought that this variety had an amazing flavor that didn't seem artificial.

My kids, that are 4 and 6, are having way too much fun with this.  They enjoy watching and helping make soda with the Sodastream.  I also love that I can adjust the flavor of the soda I make to my own preference.  I sometimes find store bought soda way too sweet and I like that I can add a little less syrup to my homemade soda and have it exactly how I like it.  The neatest thing is that you can add extra bubbles to your bottle of soda if you like it to have a little more fizz to it.

Sodastream makers are also great because you aren't creating a lot of waste with your soda cans and bottles. If you take a look at the photo above - you can see that it comes with a bottle that you continue to reuse to making your soda in.  You just simply wash it out thoroughly between each use!

If you want to learn more about the Sodastream soda makers you can visit their website, connect with them on Facebook and also Twitter.  If you  need a really great gift for the holidays the Sodastream would definitely make an amazing one!  I am really enjoying using mine and know that it is something that is going to get much use in our household.

Disclosure - I received a Sodastream and a variety of syrups compliments of Sodastream in order to write my review.  All opinions are completely my own as always.

8 comments:

  1. I JUST saw these in the store today and was wondering about them, so weird I found your post tonight. I have to say I am definitely intrigued. I'm a new follower from the GC Blog Hop!
    Kim
    http://www.mytwintasticlife.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, visit and follow you back :).

    http://www.sjb-myphotopage.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also saw these. I think my kids would love it!

    I am your newest follower via GFC! WOuld love a follow back at http://slightlynerdysometimescool.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always always wanted one of these!! My first memory of a Soda Stream was when I use to visit my best friends house after school (back in the olden days lol). I was sooooo impressed with her ability to make cordial fun and fizzy.

    I am a new follower from the hoot wednesday blog hop.
    I look forward to reading more of your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love soda, it's a BASIC need here in america, like having a car or an AC. Maybe i should get one :D but im afraid i would drink too much :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want one of these SO bad! I should have listed this on my Christmas list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks cool - I'd love one :)

    following you back on - GFC, g+, twitter and facebook

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always wondered how the Sodastream worked. Good to see your review. :)
    I'm just visiting you back! I'm following you back through GFC, g+, Twitter and Facebook.

    Much Love,
    Courtney
    www.peaceloverecipes.com

    ReplyDelete