Sunday, October 4, 2015

5 in 5 for Every Season by Michael Symon with Douglas Trattner - Review

Disclosure - free sample provided.



I absolutely love when I find cookbooks that make cooking easy.  I recently started back to work, and have found it is a big challenge to get dinner on the table in time at night.  Are you a fan of Michael Symon?  I recently received a copy of Michael Symon's 5 in 5 cookbook.  This is a cookbook loaded with more than 165 quick dishes.  I love how simple these these recipes are.  They are not just easy, but they are really tasty too!  

This cookbook is set up really nicely.  It has dishes that are related to different seasons.  I know that I cook different types of meals in Spring than I would Winter.  It is easy to find a meal for the season you are currently in.  These meals can be made any time of the year though.

Spring meals include . . . 

Grilled Swordfish with Pineapple Relish, Couscous with Peas, Asparagus & Parmesean, Spinach Salad with Ham Steak & Fried Eggs, and many more.

Summer meals include . . . 

Breaded Beef Sirloin with Zucchini & Tomato Salad, Fluke Milanese with Lemon, Shrimp in Coconut Broth, and more!

Fall meals include . . . 

White Bean Crostini with Argula, Penne with Broccoli, Red Pepper Flakes & Prosciutto, Vegetable Stir-Fry, and many more.

Winter meals include . . . 
Beef Tri-Tip with Olives & Capers, Spicy Beef Tacos with Fresh Salsa, Pork Tenderloin with Fresh Cranberries, and more.

This great cookbook also includes some fun holiday dishes.  I cannot wait to try some more of these.  The Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon sounds like an amazing holiday side dish.  The Leftover Turkey Frittata is an excellent way to use up those leftovers during the holiday season. 

Which recipe would you want to try?

You can learn more about this book here

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.


No comments:

Post a Comment